This park was established about a hundred years ago on grounds that were previously occupied by the Nordsiden churchyard and Christian's Church.
The lovely old band stand was completed in 1879. The band stand is often used in the summer by, amongst others, the military band. The sculptor Dyre Vaa created the monument in the park. This was erected in 1939 in gratitude to the composers F.A. Reissiger and Oscar Borg for their efforts to promote the local musical life in Halden.